Over the past two decades the airline industry have been imposing more weight restrictions and reducing the number of luggage pieces each traveler can have.
Air travel is not getting any easier and especially for us gear lovers..
We were asked by many of our guests years ago to provide a gun rental program, so we did..
Birdtail Waterfowl offers the Beretta A400 xplor-unico shotgun (optifade waterfowl) 12 gauge, 20 gauge with Kick Off and Pattermaster Anaconda choke tubes.
$65 / day
Is there any paper work involved? No.
Our Beretta A400 Shotgun Rental program is within guidance of the Direct and Immediate Supervision section and sub section of the Canadian Firearms Act.
- Assented to 1995-12-05
- S.C. 1995, c. 39
- An Act respecting firearms and other weapons
- Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
- Authorization to lend
33. Subject to section 34, a person may lend a firearm only if
- (a) the person
- (i)has reasonable grounds to believe that the borrower holds a licence authorizing the borrower to possess that kind of firearm, and
- (ii) in the case of a prohibited firearm or a restricted firearm, lends the registration certificate for it to the borrower; or
- (b) the borrower uses the firearm under the direct and immediate supervision of the person in the same manner in which the person may lawfully use it.
- (a) the person
If you chose to travel with your firearm, just input your personal and firearm information to the RCMP 5589 / 909 Gun Declaration form, which you need to print three times. Do not sign the copies until you’re in front of a Canada Customs Agent. You are declaring your firearm, so your signature will need to be witnessed by a Canadian Customs Officer .
There is only a couple small deterrents in bringing your shotgun into Canada.
- First is when Delta or United charge you an extra baggage fee for your shotgun.
- Second is when the peak flights sell to capacity and then some how your shotgun gets lost in transit.
- Then somehow it arrives on the last flight of the day, which happens to have a couple travels and a pile of cargo. Logical but not nice.